Due to the amazing response on Facebook over the last 24 hours we thought it would be a great idea to let you know a bit more about what we’re up to. We’ve been developing the project since late last year, and really launched ourselves into the work at the beginning of April.We’re bringing together artists, arts organisations, creative individuals, and bodies that support the arts and culture in Wrexham, to promote what we all get up to, discuss issues relevant to us all, and act as a focal point for us to showcase our work.
• A Quarterly Arts review magazine, entitled THIS
• A new monthly pocket guide, which you may have already seen – that
• A new website featuring articles, listings and a directory of artists, performers, bands, organisations, collectives etc.
• A new mobile phone application reflecting the content available online
• A campaign to ‘dress the town’ with banners, installations in empty shops and street art to reflect and highlight the towns cultural mix.
• A series of events – beginning with Reimagine Wrexham, where we’ll be inviting artists from all disciplines to contribute to a live exhibition. Details to follow shortly!
All of the new elements will be designed with the help of local artists and will stand as a work of art in their own right. Each quarter we’ll be commissioning a new artist or collective to provide a new design and theme for the publications, street art, online media, and events.
We need YOU! This is a collaborative project and we need your help and input. Give us information on your events that are planned for next year – check out the form attached – but also send us your press releases, photos and essential information on anything that makes your art, organisation, performance unique. Spread the word! If you know of any organisation, artist, performer, or cultural event let them know about THIS Project. Let’s get the word out there.
We’ll be in touch with all the groups and individuals who were involved in the Year of Culture last year, but if you or others you know would like to be included in the events guides let them know.
‘Like’ us on Facebook (and encourage others to!) to express your interest in THIS Project and we’ll make sure they get to hear all the latest news, and how to get involved.
Thanks, and we look forward to working with you.